Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our New House!







They have officially started building our new house! We are so exited! It is suposed to be done in October. It has consumed our lives! I have been to the design center a milion times trying to figure out what I want! Not to mention the lighting place, the appliance place, the plumbing place and the list goes on and on! It had been a little overwhelming but so fun too. Merrill is like a kid at xmas! There isnt a day that goes by that he doesnt drive past the lot atleast once. His work is close by so he will drive over on his lunch and like a stalker sit and whach them work on it! haha! He is too funny. This is what it looked like 2 days ago and yesterday they started framing it! Next week we will post that when the framing is done. It is fun to whach it in progress! For us anyway...this might be totally boring to all of you!

10 comments:

Brett and Chanel Giles Family said...

That is so Exciting! We are just about at the same stage. It is a lot of choices but so fun! Hope everything goes good I am excited to see the progress.

Amy G said...

That is so exciting. I'll have to send Tyson down and him and Merrill can watch the construction together. He would love it. I'm so excited for you guys!

The Allen Family said...

How exciting! I didn't know you guys were building a house! Congrats, that's way fun. We miss you guys. The girls are as cute as ever! Keep us updated on the house.

Natalie said...

I am so excited for you guys! Guess the whole moving to Delta thing isnt gonna happen :( Congratulations on the house it sure is nice signing your paycheck away to something that is yours rather than someone elses. I am going to try to come to St George this week you will have to show me where it is. Love you guys

April said...

I totally know how you feel! It was the exact same for us when we built our house. We (well, Nathan) did a lot of the work ourselves, so it took up ALOT of time. And the bulk of it was during the winter to boot! There is nothing funner than holding a flashlight for your husband for hours so he can work on this and that in a partially built house with no heat, while you try to find a place for your child to sleep because it is 10:00 at night! FUN TIMES! There were times I thought it would be FOREVER until we were actually able to live it in, but that time finally came and we are just loving it! now if we could only replace the 4 foot high weeds with grass........

The Jones' said...

How exciting you guys! I can't wait to see it done!! And you'll be closer, so maybe we'll actually play like we did back in the day;).I hope you are all doing well! Call Me!

The Bunnell's said...

That is so exciting! I am happy for you. It is a fun and stressful experience. I remember going through all of that with ours. Good luck! I look forward to the updates ;)

Sarah Jimenez said...

Yeah! How exciting! I think it's so funny that Merrill is stalking the place. I would probably be doing the same thing. Hopefully the time flies.

Anonymous said...

During one of our chats at the reunion, Macie told me all about your new house. She was so excited. She said she knows where all of the room are and listed them one by one.SO CUTE!!
I'm excited for you guys!!

Bre.Sean.Blake said...

Woohoo! That will be so much fun. Don't worry...IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER. I know it seems impossible right now but a year from now you won't even remember the drama. ;) I hope you come to the girls trip. It would be so lonely without you. Love ya!